Home of the Sparrow partners with single women and children facing homelessness in Chester County. If you are in immediate need for shelter, please call ConnectPoints, 1-800-935-3181.
Are you looking for a shelter or an affordable apartment?
- Single point entry for housing and shelter needs in Chester County
- Provides resources and recommendations for those facing homelessness or housing insecurity
- Connect clients with providers of emergency, transitional, and permanent supportive housing
Call 1-800-935-3181 or click here for more information
Housing Authority of Chester County
- Strives to increase availability of affordable housing in Chester County and provide quality housing to eligible people
- Apartments in West Chester, Phoenixville, Coatesville, and Oxford
- Accepts in person applications submitted at West Chester location
Call 610-436-9200 or click here for more information
Are you looking for affordable healthcare?
ChesPenn Health Services, Coatesville
- Comprehensive primary and preventive medical and dental care and social services to medically underserved families and individuals
- Health care for the homeless, adult and pediatric primary care, women’s health services, community health education, STD/HIV testing and counseling, medication dispensary services, etc.
Call 610-380-4660 or click here for more information
- Comprehensive medical care for the uninsured, open to all
- Physical exams, treatment of chronic illnesses like diabetes and high blood pressure, aches and illnesses, burns, cuts
- Appointments required
Call 610-935-1134 or click here for more information
Community Volunteers in Medicine- CVIM, West Chester
- Primary medical and dental care and health education to uninsured people who live and work in Chester County
- Must meet 300% of Federal Poverty guidelines
Call 610-836-5990 or click here for more information
Planned Parenthood, West Chester
- Birth control, pregnancy testing, annual gynecological exams, infection testing and treatment, abortion referral, emergency contraception
- Walk-ins welcome or book appointment online or by phone
Call 610-692-1770 or click here for more information
Do you have trouble affording food?
Chester County Food Bank
- Central hunger relief organization that secures, manages, and distributes food to those in need
- Network of food cupboards, hot meal sites, shelters, and other social service organizations
- Food is distributed to agencies and then circulated to those in need
Call 610-873-6000 or click here for more information
Are you looking for counseling?
Mental Health/ Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- Early intervention program- services and screenings for children age 0-3 with developmental delays
- Mental health- support and services for those in mental health recovery; help with insurance applications
- Intellectual disability programs- works with individuals and families to provide support and services for people diagnosed with intellectual disability
Call 610-344-6265 or click here for more information
- Counseling services- psychiatry, psychological services, holistic health counseling
- Must have referral from primary care physician at the clinic
Call 610-935-1134 or click here for more information
Do you need to talk to someone about domestic violence?
Domestic Violence Center
- Free and confidential services that provide intervention, information, education, and outreach to support to survivors of domestic violence
- Programs to prevent, reduce, and remedy domestic violence in Chester County
- 24-hour hotline 888-711-6270
Call 610-431-1430 or click here for more information
Do you or your family need support with healthcare and other services?
Women Infants Children of Chester County
- Gateway to healthcare and social services for families, pregnant women, mothers, and children in need
- Free health and nutrition program for families with pregnant, breastfeeding, post-partum women, infants and children to age 5
- Provides free nutrition education, breastfeeding support, tailored monthly food package, education and referrals
Call 610-383-3824 or click here for more information
Maternal and Child Health Consortium
- Ensure that pregnant and parenting women in Chester County have access to high-quality health care regardless of insurance or immigration status
- Family benefits program helps families with eligibility requirements and applying for benefits such as health insurance and food stamps
- Healthy start program targets risk factors during a woman’s pregnancy and in her child’s earliest years to ensure a healthy family
Call 610-344-5370 or click here for more information
Are you 60 years or older and in need of help?
Chester County Department of Aging Services
- Home and community based protection, advocacy, information and assistance services to people aged 60 and over and their families
- Resources such as health insurance counseling, nursing facility assessments, reduced fee legal services, home delivered meals, property care management, investigation of suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation
Call 610-344-6350 or click here for more information
Do you need legal help?
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, West Chester
- Quality legal aid for low income and vulnerable people in Chester County
- Use legal education and increased access to the courts to facilitate problem-solving without legal representation
- Must call Legal Aid Intake Unit (1-877-429-5994) first to determine if you qualify; eligible if at or below 125% of poverty line
Call 610-436-4510 or click here for more information
Are you going through a divorce or another major life change?
Women’s Resource Center, Wayne
- Help women and girls successfully navigate life’s transitions through resources, tools, and additional support
- Free and low-cost counseling; guidance for divorce, custody, parenting issues; career services; girls’ leadership programs
Call 610-687-6391 or click here for more information
If you are already getting services, ask your employer about these additional ones (referrals required):
Paoli Presbyterian Church- Furniture Ministry
- Provide clean, good condition furniture to people in need
- Limited visits by appointment only; typically, 1 month wait
Call 610-644-8250 or click here for more information
Wings for Success
- Assist low-income or disadvantaged women in achieving self-confidence, independence and stability by providing work-appropriate clothing and life skills workshops
- Must be referred by other social service/community agencies or self-referral
- Mon-Sat by appointment only
Call 610-644-6323 or click here for more information