Home of the Sparrow’s mission is to partner with women facing homelessness to secure housing, achieve long-term stability, and chart new paths for their futures.
Our Guiding Principles
- Resiliency: We build women’s strength, confidence, and life skills to put them in control of their lives and to improve their ability to face challenges in the future.
- Compassion: We serve and we lead with warmth and respect.
- Excellence: We seek and expect the best from ourselves and from those we serve.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with networks of organizations, donors, funders, and the people we serve to leverage resources and opportunities that result in positive change and growth.
- Adaptability: We maintain a funding and operational model that allows us to develop and incorporate new ideas that will achieve the most impactful outcomes for our communities.
- Forward-thinking: Never satisfied with the status quo, we constantly think about what is next for the people we serve and for our organization.
- Community: The people we serve and those who support our work are part of a dynamic community that is driven to create opportunities for women to fulfill their ambitions and aspirations.
Homelessness in our communities will be rare, brief, and nonrecurring. The women we serve will be equipped and inspired to achieve their personal goals, the impacts of which will be felt for generations. Home of the Sparrow will be regarded as a trusted service provider, thought leader, and partner. Our organization will bring people and organizations together to solve the problem of homelessness and to create better futures for women and their children.